Giant Enemy Labs
Based in Santiago, Chile
March 15, 2015
ALL-STARS DUNGEONS AND DIAMONDS (ASDAD for short) is a competitive game where two players face each other in a diamond-collecting race. The player with the largest number of gems at the end of the round wins.
Things can get crazy real fast though, as players unearth items that will allow them to attack the opponent or obtain temporary boosts that may help them crush the competition.
Originally the idea was creating something like a "2 Player Pac-man". I remember playing with that idea a lot, with the different ways of adding a second player to the well-known and loved Arcade Classic as a sort of thought experiment.
But that idea quickly evolved into a fast-paced competition with power ups, environmental hazards, different worlds and characters, etc.
The game took around 2 years to develop and changed a lot over time. The first prototype of the game had the players in separate mazes, which was simpler to balance but greatly limited the interactions.
At one point I decided that it would be nice to feature characters from other games, and Shovel Knight was a perfect match for the concept (according to his bio he LOVES diamonds) so I reached to the cool guys of YachtClubGames, shown them the prototype and they really loved the idea, so we arranged a way to feature Shovel Knight in the game.
Some time later, after the initial release, I reached to the awesome games from Ludosity with the idea of featuring Ittle Dew as well. They agreed and since v2.0 of the game, she is part of the roster as the second guest character to appear.
- 2014/12/06: First shown to public at Expo Geek, a local Game event
- 2015/03/14: Released on itch.io and Giant Enemy Lab's website
- 2015/03/17: Steam Greenlight Campaign Starts
- 2015/04/01: Released on Desura and included in the "Debut 25" Indie Royale Bundle
- 2015/04/13: ASDAD got succesfully Greenlit on Steam!
- 2015/10/01: Steam release and debut of the first content update (v2.0)
- 2015/10/31: Halloween Update (v2.1)
- 2014/11/29: Showcased at FansFestival, a local game Expo
- 2015/12/19: Christmas Update (v3.0)
- Intense 2 Player (local multiplayer) Competitive Arcade action!
- 7 Different Characters! (4 Original Characters + 3 Guests from other indie titles!)
- 10 different items and 3 different worlds!
- Customizable match settings (for normal mode) allow you to change the rules and pace of the game!
- (2.0) Extra game mode "Race for the Idol" where the first player to reach the sacred gold statue at the end of the maze wins!
Logo & Icon
Release History and Notes. giantenemylabs.com.
ASDAD Fundamental Secrets, Details and Facts
An Advanced guide with detailed information about every element in the game. giantenemylabs.com.
Steam Release Announcement
Brief post talking about the (upcoming) Steam Release giantenemylabs.com.
Steam Greenlight Campaign
Greenlight page for ASDAD. The game was successfully Greenlit within a month!. steamcommunity.com.
Original (v1.0) Release Post
Brief post talking about the release: giantenemylabs.com.
About Giant Enemy Labs
Giant Enemy Labs is a humble indie game development studio from the faraway lands of Chile.
More information on Giant Enemy Labs, our logo & relevant media are available here.
All-Stars Dungeons and Diamonds Credits
Developer, Designer, Pixel Artist, Music & SFX
David 'Louten' Marin
Logo Design & UI Assistant (Freelance)
Andres San Martin 'Tama'
Character Design & Illustrations (Freelance)